As a responsible corporate citizen, NBF is committed to engaging with and helping the community, protecting the environment and developing local talent
As a firm believer of giving back to the community and commitment to sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices, NBF’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives range from conservation drives to partnering with various charitable organisations in Fujairah focused at building a brighter future for the emirate.
We also work closely with tertiary education institutions to develop the youth of today into the leaders of tomorrow, through our various talent development programs.
Click here to read the NBF CSR and Sustainability Report 2017.
NBF’s CSR Initiatives
Here are few of our major initiatives:
- We support the preservation of the Wadi Wurayah National Park in Fujairah through a donation drive carried out using our ATM network. Every time you withdraw cash from an NBF ATM, customers can donate AED 1 towards conservation of the Park
- We provide sponsorship to the seafarers support group, Angel Appeal, by donating money to fuel the “Flying Angel” - a boat that provides welfare and communication services to seamen anchored off the coast of Fujairah
- In 2015, NBF partnered with the Fujairah Welfare Association at their Ramadan tent and gave away 600 gift packs comprising of basic toiletries donated by the bank staff. In addition, NBF sponsored the meals provided by the Association to over 18,000 people over the course of the holy month
- We, at NBF, take our commitment to develop the next generation of financial pioneers very seriously. Therefore, we have launched a graduate training and sponsorship programme for Emirati Nationals from Fujairah Higher Colleges of Technology. This initiative identifies promising students, provides them with financial assistance for their tuition, and trains them for careers in financial services
- Under the patronage of the HH Crown Prince of Fujairah, this year, NBF invites all fitness enthusiasts and families to take part in the NBF Fujairah Run - a fun race through the scenic emirate of Fujairah with exciting cash prizes and goodies up for grabs. Read more
- NBF sponsored the “Enable Mobile Store” dedicated to raising awareness about people of determination and thier inclusion in the SME sector by promoting the social enterprise model to other corporates.
ENABLE is a Desert Group company that cultivates horticulture projects and initiatives across the country, to further support its efforts for increasing awareness about people of determination. Watch this video to learn more about Enable.